The Polson Flathead Lake Museum opened in 1972 to preserve the history of the Mission Valley and the Flathead Indian Reservation. On display is the Lambert Trading Post which was the first building in Polson during 1870-1880 time span. The museum has a Native American Collection of the Salish and Kootenai Tribes, 1800’s chuck wagon, the Allard Stage Coach which ran in the Valley 1908-1910, vintage farm equipment, antique tools, homestead kitchen, bedroom and parlor, schoolroom. boat display, wild animal display, pictorial history display of the valley and Flathead Lake, a marionette display of Lewis and Clark. Plus a feature of Polson’s Fire Department history and fire artifacts.